Cannabis Themed Weddings
Today cannabis-themed weddings are legal in California. High time weddings are the trend of the day. Best buds are tieing the knot and incorporating cannabis into a hybrid wedding event.
Cannabis Themed Weddings | Venue
Cannabis is prohibited in public spaces as well as on federal or state-owned land.
Zoning laws dictate a minimum distance of 600 feet from schools and daycare.
Cannabis is legal in your own home or a friend’s home. If the house is rented the landlord can ban cannabis use. So home ownership or permission from the landlord comes into play.
Commerical venues that are open to the idea of hosting cannabis events do not allow smoking or fire on the property. In this case, licensed edibles can work or a 420 caterer. The best approach is to be on the conservative side of the legal use.
Cannabis Themed Weddings | Private Residence
In today’s environment, a private residence is the best if not the only venue for a cannabis-themed wedding.
- Airbnb offers homes for events. The cannabis-themed wedding would need to be approved via the owner.
- A family member may offer their home for your wedding day.
Cannabis Themed Weddings | Ceremony Options
There are endless ways to infuse your cannabis-themed wedding, here is one of our suggestions.
- During the ceremony, there can be an anointing with cannabis-infused oils.
- Cannabis bud boutonnieres.
- Bridal Bouquet with cannabis bud additions.
Cannabis Themed Weddings | Hosting An Experience
- Hosting an experience can involve having vape pens available.
- Perhaps a hash bar or smoking lounge for you and your quests if the venue permits smoking.
- Consider the edible alternative to smoking via a cannabis caterer or dispensary packages edibles and drinks.
- Cannabis infused favors.
- Offering your signature strain.
- CBD transdermal patches for the pain due to high heels. (Nice touch for the bridal party.)
- Cannabis infused late knight snack.
- Bud Bar with Budtenders hosted in place of a liquor bar or alongside one.
- Most sites will require moderation and discretion in the approach to hosting.
- Plan to use Lyft or Uber for transporting yourself or guests on your wedding day. Insist on it!
Joints For Everyone Or Infused Drinks
You can easily have an infused cannabis-themed wedding without having smoking or vaping at your wedding.
With careful dosing, cannabis can be added to a punch, a mixed drink, an ice tea. In the salad dressing and CBD’s can be added in the desert for a full rounded experience.
Book Your Wedding With Us
As a cannabis wellness consultant and a wedding officiant, I can assist you in planning your cannabis-themed wedding to be a hybrid event. I’m a Canna Chef in my own kitchen and can help in a number of ways for your cannabis-themed wedding day. As a cannabis wellness consultant, I can order any cannabis products you may like. It is legal for me to gift up to one ounce of flower buds or 8 grams of concentrate for an event. I can assist with venues and caterers as well as all the details needed to enjoy a carefree wedding day.
Call me directly for details! 415-382-8494
CBD Julep by MAXWELL REIS
“This stiff and refreshing cocktail is perfect for kicking relaxation mode into overdrive.”
2 1/2 ounces bourbon
1/2 ounce simple syrup
6 cannabis leaves and 2 mint leaves or 8 mint leaves + extra for garnish
15 mg CBD tincture
1. Muddle the leaves and simple syrup in a chilled julep cup.
2. Add the bourbon and top with pebble ice.
3. Swizzle, then top with more pebble ice.
4. Garnish with 3 cannabis leaves or 3 mint sprigs.
Originally featured in A Guide to CBD-Spiked Cocktails